Volunteer with us
We rely upon a wonderful team of volunteers to help us provide our services. Most volunteers help support the work of our speech and language therapists in our weekly group sessions,
Most volunteers help us for a few hours each week, others help with outings or specific group activities on an ad hoc basis..
By volunteering with us you will benefit in many ways and find it a very rewarding experience.
• Gain new skills, knowledge and experience
• Be a member of a positive, friendly and happy group
• See people really benefit from your help as they regain skills and confidence
• Receive excellent initial and ongoing training
• Be supported by your team leader and volunteer coordinator
• Receive full training and induction
• Meet new people, make new friends and work as a team
• Get to know the local community
- Support our members in conversation groups
- Work alongside our speech and language therapists.
- Time required – 4 hours per week for approx. 40 weeks (3 terms)
Our group volunteers are:
- Good listeners
- Happy sharing their skills and interests
- Of a sensitive and understanding nature
We are also always looking for volunteers in the following areas
- Office volunteers
- Marketing/PR volunteers
- Fundraising volunteers
For more information please contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Liz Grace firstname.lastname@example.org 01737 819419